Stat of the Week
30 Day Follower Growth Rate
((# Followers at End of 30 Days / # Followers at Begining of 30 Days) – 1) *100 = 30 Day Growth Rate %
# of followers for 1776 Faux Farmhouse on December 4, 2022: 111,007
# of followers for 1776 Faux Farmhouse on January 2, 2022: 120,972
30 Day Growth Rate = ((120927/111007) – 1)*100 = 8.93%
Why does this matter?
- The average Instagram user that tracks their analytics has a 30 day growth rate of 1.21%
- Over the course of 1 year this turns 100k followers into 115k followers: 100000(1+.0121)^12
- If you can double the average 30 day growth rate to 2.42%: You can turn 100k followers into 133k followers
5 years down the road (roughy 60 30-day periods) the differences are astounding:
This is the 8th wonder of the world – compounding growth! If you double the growth rate, you can more than double the increase in followers (15K growth vs. 33k growth).
1776 Faux Farmhouse
Your 30 day growth rate will ebb and flow over the course of a year while some of your content works and some doesn’t! The important thing is to keep track of it and see what you can do to improve it. Ultimately content is king and from April through August 1776 Faux Farmhouse grew more slowly because we stopped doing projects, caused by the arrival of Little Man. In August we finished our DIY laundry room while our butlers pantry was finished in March. That big gap of projects led to a much slower growth rate for the account, despite the fact that we still posted almost every day.
- Download my data to see how I calculated my 30 day growth rate: 30 Day Growth Rate.xlsx
- Download your own follower growth, if you don’t have access to it sign up for a free 14 day trial with Iconosquare here and get access to all of your social media data (yes it’s an affiliate link but I use this app every day, you can use code icopromoR5 for an additional 5% off)
- Figure out your 30 day growth rate in 2022 and plot the results, you can use my spreadsheet to help with your calculation
- Look for trends in your data and identify areas for improvement (usually related to your content)
For more insights on content analytics look for my newsletter next week!
Thanks for reading this weeks issue of The Saturday Social! See you next week.
When You Are Ready, There Are 3 Ways I Can Help:
1 – If you’re looking to further improve & grow your social media using analytics, I’d recommend starting with a course:
➡️ Analytics for Content Creators: In development, but register your interest using the form below
2 – If you’re more hands off and would like us to audit your Instagram account:
➡️ 1:1 Instagram Account Audit: In development, but register your interest using the form below
3 – Promote yourself to over 140k+ followers/subscribers by collaborating with me on a project!