The Saturday Social
This Weeks Deep Dive:
Want to know who the Creator is?
Subscribe to our newsletter below to find out!
Some interesting points that will be covered in this weeks deep dive:
- Growth for this creator was very explosive: 430,000+ followers in 1 week and 825,000+ in 30 days
- How did this growth happen and why?
- How using questions impacted performance for this creator
1776 Faux Farmhouse
This past week we were able to join Meta’s verified program that they are rolling out for their platform, similar to Twitter. I’ve always been very interested in if there are any benefits to being verified beyond a fancy blue check mark next to your name.
As a data scientist, I would think that verification would be an attribute in the algorithm that would affect content recommendations.
It could be, however, that the Meta verified program is not the same as being verified previously, and that there are levels to their verification.
Twitter, for example, has blue, gold, and grey check marks so it’ll be interesting to see if something similar is used on Instagram.
We’ve only been verified since 5/27 and only have five days worth of data but the metric I was most interested in was conversion rate:
- Non Verified Conversion Rate from 3/22 – 3/27: 1,281 / 5,453 = 23.49%
- Verified Conversion Rate from 3/27 – 3/31 : 956 / 4,717 = 20.26%
As of right now, there hasn’t been any noticeable difference on our profile. 23.49% vs. 20.26% with only 5 days of data, isn’t a big enough sample size to say they are actually different.
Stats for the Week:
- Total followers: 158,413 156,384
- Follower Growth: 1,588
- Impressions: 523,257 total, NA average per post (images only)
- Reach: 312,610 total, 39,174 average per post
- Profile Activity: 7,375 profile visits
- Profile Conversion Rate: 1,588 / 7,375 = 21.5%
After reading the deep dive, here are the biggest takeaways for you as a content creator:
- Analyze your data! Without looking at your data, it can be hard to know why your growth has stopped and what to do about it if it has.
- Posting multiple times a day can be a useful strategy for some creators. It’s not for everyone though because it can lead to higher rates of burnout.
From this email:
- Check out the Meta verified program and see if it’s right for you
Stat of the Week: 75%
The retention rate of stories begins to fall under 75% after the sixth frame. A study conducted by Rival IQ discovered a decline in Instagram story reach rate from 2021 to 2022. The research by Rival IQ also revealed that the quantity of frames in your Instagram Stories influences audience retention effectiveness.
When You Are Ready, There Are 3 Ways I Can Help:
1 – If you’re looking to further improve & grow your social media using analytics, I’d recommend starting with a course:
➡️ Analytics for Content Creators: In development, but register your interest using the form below
2 – If you’re more hands off and would like us to audit your Instagram account:
➡️ 1:1 Instagram Account Audit: In development, but register your interest using the form below
3 – Promote yourself to over 140k+ followers/subscribers by collaborating with me on a project!